Friday, June 17, 2011

Ever Feel Like a Plastic Bag?


Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?
Me too.  (And if you don't recognize the preceding line, along with those to follow, let me remind you of their orignal author, Katy Perry).

Sometimes, I even feel like a plastic bag that is being chased by a dog.



Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin, like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?


But, so the song goes, "there's a spark in you.  You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine. 
Just own the night like the Fourth of July." As you shoot across the sky, let your colors burst.

You don't have to feel like a waste of space.  You're original. You cannot be replaced.
If you only knew what the future holds. 
After a hurricane...


Comes a rainbow.


Maybe the reason why all the doors are closed is so you could open one that leads you to a perfect road.  
It's always been inside of you.  Come on; show 'em what you're worth.

Familiar words?  They're from Katy Perry's song Firework.  I suspect that this song, in its unedited version, will get a lot of play as July 4 approaches.  So much so that we’ll probably all be sick of it.  Yet, some of the lyrics in this song really resonate with me, and I suspect they probably resonate with many.  So, before that time comes when this is the most overplayed song of the summer season, I thought I'd capitalize on it.  I’ve added the song to my playlist for Life Half Full.  You can also find the song/video (which is great), along with full lyrics here

Now, please, go fly, boom, and ignite, all you fellow plastic bags out there!


Today's addition to the playlist, of course, is Katy Perry's "Firework."